Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Journey

This semester has been one of the most difficult ones I have ever endured. There is so much to say but instead of doing that I had decided to travel somewhere important to me. I decided to go to Worcester, MA. Okay, its a known fact that Worcester sucks. Really badly. There is nothing beautiful to see and a majority of it run down. My father is from Worcester, born and raised and he definitely acts like it too. Recently, my cousin passed away. He died of a rare cancer of the blood plasma. I did not even know that was possible. My cousin opened his business Light Lab and never wanted to leave Worcester. He found so much potential in a place like this. I always avoided being there at all costs. I have discovered lately that I wish I could approach life in the way that Joey did, very optimistic.  I went to this restaurant called Dino's. My family has been eating there for years and when I sat in the booth it felt right. Like coming home after a long trip away. I ordered Joey's favorite meal, eggplant parmesan. I felt so comforted from knowing I could in a way, be with him. As I was driving through the streets of Worcester, I started realizing that the place that my father had tried to run away from for so long, was a part of me. I grew up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment