Thursday, May 3, 2012
Hospitals
So for this post, I have decided to do something different. Since my life has taken an unexpected turn of events I have been in the hospital. Alot. I decided I am going to write about my experiences in Rhode Island Hospital. I am choosing to write about this because this a place I avoid at all costs, and now it is somewhat of a second home. My grandmother recently suffered a heart attack. She has been on life support and our family has been there everyday. The smell of a hospital is one of the most horrible and distinctive smells. It's not sickening or anything, it is just so familiar people shudder when they smell it. Two days later my mom is brought to the sam hospital with complications in her brain. She had a seizure for the first time in her life. The sounds of a hospital are enough to drive you to insanity. Constant beeping. Constant beeping of machines. Constant sounds of walking, people hurrying to get to certain places. I began to notice all of it. Even the sheets of the hospital beds had a certain feel that you wouldn't feel anywhere else. There was this roughness. Like too much starch was used when cleaning the sheets. There was so much to take in. I slept at the hospital with my mom. They rolled me in a cot and it was horrible. Sleep was not an option, nurses came in numerous times to check on her and they talked loudly. They have seen this so many times before. Constant beeping, the machines don't sleep here. They are constantly running.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment